Director of Alumni EngagementCompany: St. Agnes Academy - St. Dominic School
Date Posted: March 21, 2018
Job Title: Director of Alumni Engagement
Department: Development Office
Appointment: Full Time
Contract Period: 12 months
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
The Director of Alumni Engagement manages all functions of alumni relations, including planning and running special events designed for alumni and implementing services and activities that engage alumni and encourage participation in the life of the SAA-SDS. The Director also executes the alumni-giving program, which entails direct mail, phone-a-thons and personal solicitations for annual and/or endowed fund gifts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a strong and effective alumnae/i relations and giving program to include events, cultivation and solicitation of alumnae/i
- Manage alumni giving including the development and implementation of a year-long solicitation strategy
- Support alumnae/i across the country and around the world
- Manage the SAA Alumnae and SDS Alumni Boards and class correspondents
- Develop a strategy to maintain alumni contact information and locate lost alumnae/i
- Maintain communication between the school and alumni base through content on the school website, social media pages and production of quarterly newsletters
- Manage major alumni events – including the Annual SAA Alumnae Banquet, SAA Alumnae Christmas Brunch, SAA and SDS Hall of Fame ceremonies, decade luncheons and regional alumni gatherings
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Development Office to ensure that all areas are working in a cohesive environment towards the overall goals of SAA-SDS
- Engage in professional development opportunities
- Support school policies and the teachings of the Catholic Church in word and actions
- Represent St. Agnes – St. Dominic at campus, fundraising and community events
- Travel as needed for donor meetings, regional events and professional development conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CDO or President
An Ideal Candidate would possess:
- Significant fundraising and/or alumni affairs experience preferably associated with independent schools
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Familiarity with Catholic and independent school communities
- Interpersonal and written communication skills to work successfully with all constituencies of the school community; a persuasive communicator as well as an effectual listener
- Experience at managing a budget and projecting costs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in in a relatable field
- Flexibility, energy, creativity, high expectations, a sense of humor and the highest standards of integrity
Competitive compensation and a full benefits package are available.
St. Agnes Academy – St. Dominic School is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to promoting diversity in the workplace and strongly urges all qualified individual to apply.
Candidates should email a completed application and their credentials (cover letter, resume, and a list of three references including name, phone number and email address) to email@example.com.
The position will remain open until filled.