Development ManagerCompany: Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis, Inc.
Date Posted: December 1, 2017
Position: Development Manager
Full Time, Memphis, TN
Salary Range: Starting at: $45,000
The Development Manager manages the recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship of corporate and faith-based donors, including house-building and event sponsorships, and other giving opportunities.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with current and prospective sponsors to secure support for Habitat builds and special events and regularly update sponsor profiles in database
- Establish and manage the Faith Relations program to significantly increase financial, volunteer and other engagement from faith partners (ecumenical and interfaith)
- Actively develop and maintain an adequate pipeline of potential partnerships
- Design effective partnership programs based upon knowledge of partner business and Corporate Social Responsiblity objectives and alignment with Habitat funding priorities
- Identify and recruit target attendees for specialized build site events
- Work with Donor Relations Coordinator to increase Habitat’s inclusion in employee giving campaigns
- Engage in regular cultivation and stewardship activities to maintain partnerships and increase giving via in-person meetings and on the Habitat build site
- Work with Communications Coordinator and Graphic Designer to create development collateral and manage sponsorship recognition process
- Work with President & CEO and Development Director to develop house-building goals each year
- Develop relationships among members of the local business community via active attendance at events held by professional development and networking organizations like Kiwanis, Rotary, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of direct experience as a fundraising professional. Faith relations experience desired. Planned giving experience a plus.
- Knowledgeable of database management and gift processing. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at one time. Ability to work in an office with frequent interruptions.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends for special events and Habitat builds.
- Ability to speak comfortably in public settings including large civic and church groups, of both Christian and non-Christian faiths, to solicit financial support and volunteer commitment
- Knowledge of Greater Memphis faith and nonprofit community is beneficial. Respect for and openness to learning about diverse religions is essential.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings, background checks, and sex offender registry checks.
About Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis
Habitat for Humanity’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live, and since 1983, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Memphis has been working to realize that vision in Shelby County. Memphis Habitat partners with people in our community to help them build or improve places they can call home through new home construction, rehabilitation work and Aging in Place home modifications for seniors. Our employees enjoy a relaxed work environment and a real opportunity to make a difference in our community.
Habitat for Humanity is pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout thenation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housingbecause of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.