Development ManagerCompany: National Foundation for Transplants
Date Posted: October 23, 2017
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Position Level: Professional Staff
Supervises Other Employees: No
Salary: Dependent on education and/or experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
National Foundation for Transplants (NFT) exists to save lives and remove financial barriers which often delay or prevent transplantation. Founded in 1983, the organization provides financial assistance to more than 4,200 clients nationwide and has generated more than $82 million. Headquartered in Memphis, TN the Foundation is seeking a talented and experienced Development Manager to assist the CEO and Board of Directors in implementation of fund development strategies and activities that support the organization’s overall strategic direction.
- In partnership with the CEO create and implement a strategic multi-faceted fund development plan that complements the overall strategic direction of NFT.
- Oversee and implement development activities including annual, capital, endowment, major gift and planned giving efforts.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new prospects. This includes developing relationships with individual donors, board members, corporations, foundations and community partners in an effort to secure a diverse array of funding sources.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships among philanthropic individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Raise Awareness of National Foundation for Transplants.
- Develop and manage special events and projects.
- Create and execute Direct Mail campaigns.
- Create solicitation letters, donor correspondence and other materials to enhance fundraising and donor outreach.
- Identify new corporate sponsors and maximize fund development opportunities through various business development techniques including cold-calling, following up on warm leads and attending networking events; consistently researching ways to create partnerships with local businesses.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations; listen to and understand others and ensure that written and verbal communication consistently reflect NFT’s mission, goals, values, and brand.
- Create and implement strategic follow up plans for Direct Mail campaigns, track all progress towards goals, keep detailed reports and make modifications and enhancements as needed.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge; My Emma; Constant Contacts
- Data base user interface and query software — Foundation Directory Online (FDO)
- Analytic Platforms – such as WealthEngine or Donor Search
- Electronic mail software —Microsoft Outlook
- Office Suite software — Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelors in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or Related field
- CFRE Certification a plus
- 5 Years fundraising, development, marketing or relevant experience
- Valid State Driver’s License, good driving record, ability to provide own transportation and proof of current automobile insurance