Corporate & Foundation Relations OfficerCompany: MIFA
Date Posted: August 24, 2017
Job title: Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer Reports to: VP of Advancement
Compensation level: Para- Professional E Full-time: 40 hrs. wk. Exempt
Opening date: August 24, 2017
Closing date: September 11, 2017
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer is a strategic leader in the area of corporate and foundation giving, sponsorships, and partnerships. This officer is responsible for the creation, execution and management of a well-coordinated, strategic, development plan to cultivate and solicit support from foundations and corporations to meet annual fundraising goals. This position works to establish long-term partnerships, strengthen existing relationships and initiate new contacts within the corporate and foundation sectors. This officer works collaboratively with the Advancement team to support the overall fundraising goals of MIFA.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years progressively responsible non-profit experience raising funds from $500,000 to $1,000,000.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Proficient operating communication systems (computers, email, net books, telephone software, scanners, etc.), Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and various data base systems (Raisers Edge preferred).
- Preference will be given to candidates with successful corporate and foundation experience including proven knowledge of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship techniques as well as demonstrated ability in proposal and grant writing
Major Responsibility and Related Tasks
- Develop and execute strategic and effective fundraising plan to achieve MIFA’s goals for foundation giving.
- Identify foundation prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential.
- Work closely with MIFA advancement and program staff to match grant opportunities to MIFA programs and projects
- Conduct full range of activities required to write, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundations
- Participate in foundation face to face solicitations
- Develop and manage a sustainable grant application calendar, tracking and reporting process and submit timely reports to funders
- Ensure timely and appropriate written gift acknowledgments within 48 hours
- Maintain stewardship contacts with foundations through personal thank-you calls or notes within a week of gift’s receipt
- Manage the maintenance of relationships with granting agencies including ongoing stewardship
- Develop and execute strategic and effective fundraising plan to achieve MIFA’s goals for corporate giving.
- Identify corporate prospects and conduct research to determine interest and giving potential.
- Develop, manage and implement cultivation and solicitation strategies for corporate gifts and sponsorships
- Write corporate gift proposals including sponsorship proposals for special events and projects
- Negotiate corporate marketing agreements
- Work with staff and board members to identify volunteer connectors and schedule corporate solicitation calls
- Complete face to face or phone call solicitation of new and established donors to meet fundraising goals
- Provide timely responses to prospects, and existing sponsor and partner requests, and work in a consultative manner with sponsors and partners to deepen MIFA’s relationships and create annual revenue and renewal opportunities for MIFA
- Identify and manage special opportunities for corporate engagement such as March for Meals or similar campaigns
- Manage donor fulfillment such as invoices, receipts and reports on event impact
- Arrange, conduct and coordinate cultivation, stewardship and recognition activities such as on-site signage, recognition in publications and on-site visits for corporate donors
- Manage the maintenance of corporate relationships including ongoing stewardship
- Ensure all materials (both print and online) are consistent, compelling and effectively support corporate fundraising efforts; collaborate on collateral pieces including newsletters, annual reports, brochures and other materials working closely with MIFA’s communications team
- Remain current on best practices on corporate giving through independent study, participation in seminars, workshops, and courses
- Collect, process, and maintain corporate donor and prospect information as well as all contacts, stewardship activities, proposals, and gifts from corporate funders in Raiser’s Edge
- Oversee integrity of donor data relating to corporate/foundation giving
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Excellent communication and writing skills: ability to articulate MIFA’s mission, program objectives, exposure opportunities and/or resource needs persuasively to sponsors and corporate partners
- Superb networking, teamwork, negotiation, and interpersonal/diplomatic skills with ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Ability to welcome all people and communicate with highly diverse groups with sensitivity to civic and cultural issues
- Proven track record of face-to-face solicitations, corporate/foundation presentations, and public speaking
- Ability to handle client and donor information confidentially and discreetly
- Other duties assigned to meet goals of the department
VP of Advancement; Full-time (40 hours per week)/ Exempt Starting Rate per hour $22.80 – $25.50
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk (or means to transport oneself); sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 15 to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Position may also require ongoing or periodic exposure to high crime environments. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moderate to high levels of stress during peak periods, and atypical work hours are periodically required.
MIFA full-time benefits: MIFA employees may be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs on or before the 90-day trial period: Medical and dental insurance plans, short-term disability, long-term disability, employee assistance program, paid time-off (PTO), employer sponsored life insurance, paid holidays, and MIFA’s matching 401k plan after a year of service.
MIFA employment guidelines
MIFA is an equal opportunity employer.
MIFA is a non-smoking facility.
Employment documents: (1) Application and/or resume; (2) I-9; (3) Form W-4; (4) Official transcripts verifying education if education is a requirement of the job.
Employment authorization and identification: Current federal law requires that documents be presented which verify both employment authorization and identification. One or more of the following documents must be presented before employment: Social Security card, state driver’s license/identification, U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, other U.S. government document.
Please note that it is the practice of MIFA not to allow the employment of relatives or of those living at the same address other than in the job classifications of special, temporary, or substitute.
Mail or forward resume or application to MIFA Human Resources, 910 Vance Ave, Memphis, TN 38126 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. prior to the closing date. No phone calls, please.