Director of DevelopmentCompany: Harwood Center
Date Posted: July 30, 2017
Founded in 1957, Harwood Center is a private nonprofit agency that provides education and therapy for Mid-South children with developmental disabilities. Since opening its doors, Harwood Center has helped more than 6,000 children get a better start in life.
We are looking for a motivated, proactive, creative thinker with exceptional sales/ fundraising skills to help solidify Harwood’s future by fundraising for our operating budget and endowment and supporting business operations.
Some of the duties you will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement a Fundraising Plan.
- Meet or exceed regular Fundraising Goals established by the BOD and the Executive Director.
- Establish Annual Gift Giving Program.
- Develop and cultivate new relationships with individuals, corporations and foundations.
- Write grants.
- Maintain records: manage donor database (“Donor Perfect”) and track giving.
- Coordinate annual Special Events: e.g. 5K race and golf tournament.
- Maintain Harwood’s visual presence through website and social media outlets: Facebook and Instagram.
- Handle media relations.
- Participate in community networking events.
- Steward existing relations.
- Create a donor base for distribution of a newsletter and updates.
- Assist the Executive Director in researching donors/external stakeholders prior to a meeting.
- Assist the Executive Director in follow-up with donors/external stakeholders.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 3-years + in sales or fundraising.
- Experience cold-calling.
- Comfort meeting with individuals and speaking before groups.
- Comfort in asking for financial support.
- Organized, efficient & proactive.
- Detail oriented & self-motivated.
- Positive attitude and genuine team spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to maintain company and client data confidentiality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
To Apply: Email your resume, cover letter, and provide two references to Helena.firstname.lastname@example.org with "Development Director" in the subject line. No phone calls please.
Harwood Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Members of all ages, genders, sexual orientations, races, ethnicities, nationalities, physical abilities or disabilities, religions or beliefs, and cultures are welcome as employees and volunteers in our organization.