Development Officer, Individual Giving and StewardshipCompany: Girls Inc. of Memphis
Date Posted: July 18, 2017
JOB TITLE: Development Officer, Individual Giving and Stewardship
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB PURPOSE: To plan and implement a comprehensive research-based individual giving annual campaign to achieve designated fiscal year revenue goals. Plan to include appeal methods, tracking, stewarding and honoring individual donors and volunteers. Provide leadership and support for engaging individuals in special events. Establish and monitor stewardship efforts to honor and retain individual donors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to attract and retain an increased number individual donors at all levels.
- Develop annual plan to for individual giving.
- Plan and implement an annual stewardship plan to engage, honor and retain donors.
- Establish and grow the Champions for Girls campaign with donors giving $1,000 or more.
- Create materials and content for appeal efforts (email, mail, etc.).
- Meet or exceed annual revenue budget for individual contributions.
- Coordinate volunteer program for individuals.
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify and publicize volunteer needs and opportunities.
- Establish plan for recruiting, orienting, placing, monitoring and honoring volunteers.
- Track volunteers, hours and programs supported in an effective and efficient manner.
- Provide monthly/quarterly/annual volunteer reports.
- Plan and implement an annual stewardship plan to honor and engage individual donors.
- Establish and implement a Girls Inc. alumnae engagement plan.
- Plan and implement an alumnae giving campaign.
- Engage alumnae in volunteer opportunities.
- Capture alumnae success stories for agency communications.
- Collaborate with development team to establish and achieve annual agency fund-development goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience with a proven track record of success in donor development and individual donor stewardship
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Donor database experience, e-Tapestry experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others
- A sense of humor
- Valid driver's license and insurance
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- An articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.
- Apply online at www.girlsincmemphis.org, or
- Email cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, or
- Mail cover letter and resume to: Girls Inc. of Memphis, Attn: Katie Brezina, 910 Vance Ave. Memphis, TN 38126
Girls Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer