Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation RelationsCompany: Girls Inc. of Memphis
Date Posted: July 18, 2017
JOB TITLE: Development Officer, Corporate and Foundation Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
JOB PURPOSE: To plan and implement a comprehensive research-based corporate and foundation giving plan to achieve annual agency revenue goals. Plan will include grants, matching gifts, strategic partnerships, sponsorships and volunteering. Provide leadership and support for engaging corporate partners in special events. Establish and monitor stewardship efforts for corporate and foundation donors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to attracting and retaining corporate and foundation support.
- Develop annual plan for corporate and foundation giving.
- Plan and implement an annual stewardship plan to engage, honor and retain donors.
- Meet or exceed annual revenue goals for corporate and foundation contributions.
- Manage corporate and foundation grants.
- Research potential grants that align with budgeted and projected agency needs.
- Establish an annual grants calendar to manage applications, awards, and reporting dates to ensure on-time delivery of all grant materials and reports.
- Prepare and assemble all necessary grant application materials to ensure on-time delivery of all proposals.
- Coordinate all site visits or required activities with appropriate staff.
- Build and maintain corporate and foundation relationships.
- Serve as lead liaison for outside fundraising events or efforts sponsored by corporate and foundation partners.
- Coordinate corporate and foundation sponsorship and volunteer engagement in Girls Inc. events and programs.
- Coordinate volunteer program for corporate and foundation partners
- Work collaboratively with staff to identify and publicize volunteer needs and opportunities.
- Establish plan for recruiting, orienting, placing, monitoring and honoring corporate/foundation volunteers.
- Track and analyze corporate/foundation volunteers, hours and programs on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with development team to establish and achieve annual agency fund development goals.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience with a proven track record of success in donor development and corporate and foundation relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Donor database experience, e-Tapestry experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others
- A sense of humor
- Current valid driver's license and insurance
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- An articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.
Girls Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Apply online at www.girlsincmemphis.org, or
- Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Mail cover letter and resume to: Girls Inc. of Memphis, Attn: Katie Brezina, 910 Vance Ave. Memphis, TN 38126