Development and Volunteer CoordinatorCompany: Ave Maria Foundation
Date Posted: March 1, 2018
Job Availability – Beginning May 2018
Applicants should submit resume with three references to Lisa Bell, Director of Advancement, via email to email@example.com.
This person plays an integral role in the Advancement Office of Ave Maria, assisting with Special Events throughout the year to help raise monies for Ave Maria Foundation projects, as identified by the Executive Director and Board of Directors. This person will report to the Director of Advancement.
The Development and Volunteer Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting and supervising volunteers for fundraising events. In addition, this person will recruit, provide orientation, and supervise volunteers throughout the year to help with resident programs and activities in the Legacy Building and in the Green Houses.
He/she will help provide some articles for the newsletter; submit information about events and volunteer needs to parish bulletins and to the Volunteer Memphis column; and may place information about Ave Maria events and activities on Ave Maria’s Face Book page and other social media outlets.
Must have flexibility and ability to work some nights and weekends for special events.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One to three years of special events and volunteer management experience preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as part of a team and independently with staff and volunteers of all ages
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, screening, providing orientation, and supervising community volunteers to assist with the Spring Auction/Concert; Fall Gala Dinner and Golf Tournament; November Wine Tasting & Art Show; and January Italian Winterfest. Help with check-in and check-out for all events and help with set-up and break down.
- Securing auction items for the Spring Auction/Concert. Maintaining the check-in list and recruiting volunteers to help with auction set-up and break down, check in and check out.
- Securing items for the golf goodie bags and door prizes for the awards luncheon for the fall Father Leonard Oglesby Memorial Golf Tournament in the fall.
- Recruiting, screening, and supervising volunteers to work at the golf tournament and the Gala Dinner. Golf volunteer duties include set-up and registration, manning golf contest holes, stuffing goodie bags, helping with awards luncheon if needed, and clean up/break down.
- Recruiting, screening, and supervising volunteers to work at the Fall Gala Dinner, setting up the check-in list and helping with registration, and help with decorating, set-up and break down.
- Attending monthly Development Committee meetings and committee meetings related to special events during the year.
Founded in 1956, Ave Maria home is a long-term care retirement community in Bartlett, TN providing care and services for elders and disabled adults. Programs included skilled nursing; Assisted Living apartments, including a dementia unit (St. Luke Cottage); the Assisi Adult Day Center; and our HomeCare Services Program. All of these programs allow our elders and disabled adults to age gracefully in place and easily transition to the next level of care, if needed.