Director of DevelopmentCompany: National Foundation for Transplants
Date Posted: January 8, 2018
Position Type: Full-time Permanent
Position Level: Professional Staff
Supervises Other Employees: No
Salary: Dependent on education and/or experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
The Director of Development is charged with developing, managing and implementing the National Foundation for Transplants annual development plan. This position requires a clear grasp and understanding of fundraising/development activities including annual giving, corporate and foundation gifts, special event coordination, major gifts, and capital campaigns. Other necessary skills include relationship building, volunteer management, excellent oral and written communication, and proven ability to work in a collaborative manner in a fast paced environment.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- In partnership with the CEO create and implement a multi-faceted strategic fund development plan that complements the overall strategic direction of NFT.
- Oversee and implement development activities including annual, corporate, major and special event giving efforts.
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Develop strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Develop and maintain long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships
- Coordinate and manage special event activities
- Create solicitation letters, donor correspondence and other materials to enhance fundraising and donor outreach
- Identify new corporate sponsors and maximize fund development opportunities
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations
- Create and implement strategic follow up plans for Direct Mail campaigns, track all progress towards goals, keep detailed reports and make modifications and enhancements as needed.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Fund Development and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods of selling.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software — Blackbaud The Raiser's Edge
- Data base user interface and query software — Foundation Directory Online (FDO)
- Analytic Platforms – such as Wealth Engine or Donor Search
- Electronic mail software —Microsoft Outlook
- Office Suite software — Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Oral Communication — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand, asking questions as appropriate
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Bachelors degree or 5 years related experience
- CFRE Certification a plus
- Valid State Driver’s License, good driving record, ability to provide own transportation and proof of current automobile insurance
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to HR@transplants.org. Make sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. No phone calls please.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates who meet the minimum criteria will be contacted for an interview. Please note, the selected candidate will be required to meet employment verification requirements, pass pre-employment screenings and background checks.
Application deadline: January 15, 2018