Major Gift OfficerCompany: CBU, Christian Brothers University
Date Posted: January 5, 2018
Major Gift Officer- Advancement Department (Full-time)
The Major Gift Officer will engage CBU alumni and friends as partners in supporting a strategic fundraising plan. Reporting directly to VP for Advancement and working closely with the university’s faculty and Deans and Vice-Presidents, as well as other partners and trustees, this major gifts officer will:
- Identify and cultivate a prospect pool of alumni and other key constituencies;
- Plan and execute solicitation strategies leading to major gifts; with a willingness to travel as needed throughout the region to pursue these strategies and build enduring relationships, completing fifteen visits per month;
- Articulate CBU’s needs, values, and ambitions through excellent informal and formal communications, including written proposals.
- The successful candidate will also have: a track record of success in securing major gifts of $10,000+ and meeting fundraising goals;
- Exemplary interpersonal and communication skills; a proven ability to self-motivate and work both independently and as part of a team;
- A passion for La Sallian values; an appreciation for and understanding of diverse audiences and communities.
- Manage an active portfolio of 100-150 prospects on an annual basis.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Three to five year proven track record of major gift fundraising.
- Operation of a motor vehicle as part of the position’s duties and a valid driver's license are required.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree plus five years of work related experience.
- Planned giving expertise a plus.
- Strong preference for a CBU, CBHS, or other LaSallian alumni.
To apply, visit: https://www.cbu.edu/HUMAN-RESOURCES