Donor Relations CoordinatorCompany: Mid South Food Bank
Date Posted: January 3, 2017
Job Title: Donor Relations Manager
Reports To: Director of Communications
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00p.m. Monday – Friday
Some overtime as needed
Job Summary: Responsible for various functions in support of the development team. Duties include processing contributions, generating letters, maintaining donor database, documentation of donor activities, report preparation and handling donor related inquiries.
Cultivation and Stewardship (gift entry and acknowledgement, outreach)
- Implement and enhance the processing of financial contributions from receipt through deposit including entry into fundraising database, generation of thank you letters and appropriate records, new donor welcome packets and other records.
- Document donor stewardship activity by entering notes, attributes and actions including appeals, gifts, campaign and special event activities and biographical information and other items in the fundraising database as needed.
- Assure that donor interaction reports are completed and entered.
- Create query lists, database reports and other data pulls as needed for the direct mail and other fundraising and marketing programs.
- Respond to donor requests for information relating to how to make a tribute gift, issues with donating online, need for duplicate tax receipts or thank you letters and other such issues.
- Support development cultivation and stewardship events as needed.
- Ensure data integrity through timely updates and enhancement of the constituent records.
- Ensure the division of duties re: opening checks, completing deposits and delivery of deposits to the finance department.
- Execute development mailings, such as honorariums and memorials, targeted donor mailings, holiday card orders and other donor solicitations.
- Reconcile fundraising database with finance department monthly.
- Perform regular records clean-up and data maintenance procedures.
- Recommend updates to fundraising database policies and procedures manual as needed.
- Maintain positive interpersonal relationships with donors, volunteers, agency representatives, visitors, management, staff and board of directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with fundraising software a plus; ability to learn Food Bank fundraising software program required
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of good record keeping procedures and ability to maintain accurate records and files.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to type 45 words per minute.
- Professional and pleasant demeanor with all internal and external contacts.
- Motivated self-starter who can anticipate needs and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under pressure-sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities, including long term and immediate deadlines.
- A high degree of personal initiative to anticipate needs and solve problems.
- Computer literacy including intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Excel & Word.
- Experience using the internet as a professional resource.
- Willingness to learn new applications as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Acceptance of philosophy of food banking.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org