Development CoordinatorCompany: RISE Foundation, Inc.
Date Posted: August 3, 2017
RISE Foundation, Inc. Position Announcement – August 3, 2017
RISE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Location: 2650 Thousand Oaks Blvd., Suite 2400 Memphis, TN 38118
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Closing Date: August 16, 2017 or until suitable candidate is hired
Projected Start Date: September 2017
How to Apply: Email or mail a cover letter, resume and three professional references (name, contact information) in one email to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Wednesday, August 16, 2017. All correspondence sent via the U.S. Postal Service must be received by the same day. ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS NEED APPLY.
A partnership between the Community Foundation of Greater Memphis, the Memphis Housing Authority and the United Way of the Mid-South led to the creation of RISE in October 1999. With its original mission to help public housing residents achieve financial independence, and on a first year budget of only $22,000, RISE served 48 families and helped them create assets of $83,000.
Since that time, RISE has provided over 600 families with financial information that has assisted them with purchasing their first large assets, encouraged over 800 youth to excel in school, improved the money management skills of over 3,000 area employees, and brought together more than 130 organizations to address predatory lending practices and educate citizens about ways to avoid costly alternative lending traps. To date, RISE’s work has created over $7 million in assets in the City of Memphis/Shelby County. Simply put, RISE empowers people to stand on their own feet financially and have long-term financial sustainability. For more information, please visit www.risememphis.org.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Development Coordinator assists with planning and maintaining a comprehensive private and public sector fund-raising program on behalf of RISE Foundation, Inc. The coordinator supports the efforts of the Board of Directors development committee. Coordinates special events. Maintains donor files via fundraising software (currently E-Tapestry – a Blackbaud product).
- Aggressively seek new corporate, foundation, individual funding sources and maintains relationships with current and past donors. Represents organization in meeting with potential funding sources.
- Implement a comprehensive development program and appropriate marketing strategies. Assist with updating programs and strategies as required.
- Actively work with board members to engage them in major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship efforts.
- Collaborate with the Chief Operations Officer and staff members to develop and implement RISE’s financial and program strategies.
- Prepare supporting documentation for grants and contracts. Gather supporting documentation for reports as assigned.
- Coordinate all aspects of special events for the agency including, but not limited to, communications, donations, reservations, payments, etc.
- Maintain donor database and fundraising software (currently Raiser’s Edge) accurately. Draft and mail correspondence.
- Monitor all donor information and provide written statistical analysis as it relates to donor giving and the development program. Develop related reports.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
Passion for RISE’s unique mission and work. Experience in development and marketing. Excellent interpersonal, as well as written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships. Experience working with boards and senior management. Self-motivated, strong team player, highly organized, high energy. Ability to prioritize. Willingness and ability to travel locally. Ability to meet with prospective donors to build relationships. Knowledge of marketing and communication strategies. Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent), CFRE preferred. Knowledge of traditional fundraising software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Base plus a potential bonus financial package. Great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan.